Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well Hello!

Well, Its me again! Sorry I haven't been faithful with posting. :(

This month God made it possible for me to fulfill a life dream...To go to another country and serve the children. I went alone, without knowing any Spanish, to Mexico for 2 weeks, to teach English to 1st graders. It was an experience that I will never forget. God really touched my heart while I was there, the people are...so needy, and the poverty was just heart breaking.

It really made me think about life and what I believe. It made me wonder how *I* would dare complain about things in my life, when there are people in this world, that are living with so much less...but the ones that have Jesus have hope, and therefore there is light in their eyes. Shouldn't I have that same light?

There were a few verse that I clung to while there, In Romans 10:14, "How will they believe if they have not heard?" I saw so many people that are walking around, trying to find a purpose for this life, and its all darkness to them. They don't have any hope... they don't have any future... they don't have anyone to love them. No one has told them. It just ripped me up inside. I don't know how to explain it, but... I know that God is going to make a way for me to go back some day. This summer I am going to be studying Spanish. I want to be ready for whatever the Lord has planned for me.

Life is a gift, Sometimes things get kinda dark and cloudy... but we always know that there is our GREAT and MIGHTY God, walking right along beside us, and if we start to fall, He is right there to reach out and pull us back to our feet again. And if we are hurting inside, and we are too week to go on, He is right there, to lift us into His arms, and carry us. Isn't that so comforting?

This Spring, I have been looking back at this last year a lot. So much has happened, So many times this year I was starting to slip away... and I would be falling... AWAY from Jesus, but every time, he strongly, yet ever so gently, he pulled me back. SO many times I almost ruined my life with choices I made, or was making, ... but My Jesus never let me down. It breaks my heart when I think about all of the times I have let Him down. I so do not deserve to have His forgiveness, but by His mercy's, I am forgiven, and He is once again, giving me a second chance, to try to serve Him.

I could never write enough on this subject... I am just so humbled and blessed and I don't know how to repay Him, other then to give him my heart and my life.

This summer I am going to be working at camp again. I pray that I will keep my focus on the Lord, and His timing. Please pray for me, that I will guard my heart from things that might take my eyes off the children who are in need.

Anyways... wow, I hope I didn't bore you with my random thoughts here...

I hope to post some pictures soon!

~Susie

1 comment:

Geer Family said...

Oh the Christian pilgrimage! Press on Sister! You are alwasy welcome to come to the DR and learn Spanish while staying in our home.